Emergency First Aid Course
The Emergency First Aid course is suitable for anyone who might need to provide first aid to someone who is injured or becomes ill. It gives students the skills and confidence to respond to a range of accidents and first aid emergencies that could occur in the workplace.
Please enquire for details
Our modern SIA approved training centre is located 2 Castleham Rd, Hastings, Saint Leonards-on-Sea, TN38 9NR, UK
Gatwick Airport – 1hr 30 by car and train. Central London is approximately 1hr 40 by train.
On completion of the course, successful students will be able to:
Understand the role of the first aider, including reference to:
- The importance of preventing cross-infection
- The need for recording incidents and actions
- Use of available equipment
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure)
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation and use of an automated external defibrillator
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters).
On successful completion of this course, students will receive an Emergency First Aid certificate which is valid for three years. This course meets the requirements specified by the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
Delivered in a classroom setting, this course offers a practical, hands-on approach that delivers the skills and confidence to use first aid skills in real-life situations.
Course instructors are practiced medics with a wealth of operational experience.
Learners will develop the skills and confidence to help someone who is:
- Unresponsive and not breathing, including how to use of an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Unresponsive and breathing
- Having a seizure
- Bleeding heavily
- Suffering from shock
The course also includes information on:
- Assessing a casualty
- Electrical incidents
- Accident recording and reporting
- The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
Students are assessed throughout the course using a range of practical demonstrations, question and answer sessions, quizzes and engaging activities.
Support is given by the training team throughout and together with your hard work and focus you will have everything you need to successfully complete the course.
We have sourced local, good value accommodation close to our training centre. Options depending on your budget and requirements:
Prices from £25 per night B&B
Single – Single, ensuite (with breakfast)
Twin – Shared Twin, ensuite (with breakfast)
If you decide you wish to use one of these, you will be able to select your preferred option on the booking page and we will do the rest.
There are no pre-requisites for attending this course.
It is suitable for those required to be first aiders within their workplace.
We are a reputable and successful security company that has been operating in the south east of England for over 5 years. Operationally we provide security personal for various properties and businesses, we have numerous event and red-carpet security details as well as Close Protection teams within the UK.
We run courses from our SIA approved training centre ranging from Door Supervisor, Close Protection, Conflict Management and FPOS and many others click here for more details
Our staff will be available to deal with your initial enquiries, assist with your booking and will also be available for post course support.
Please enquire for details
TGS Training Courses
We are a leading provider for SIA security courses in the South of England. We train you at our fully equipped and approved SIA centre to deliver the best training for your desired job in the private security industry.