Conflict Management Training
Learn How to use Simple and Practical Strategies to Stay Composed and Resolve Customer Conflict.
Please enquire for details
Our modern SIA approved training centre is located 2 Castleham Rd, Hastings, Saint Leonards-on-Sea, TN38 9NR, UK
Gatwick Airport – 1hr 30 by car and train. Central London is approximately 1hr 40 by train.
The course raises participants’ understanding of the background to conflict and the contribution they can make to either calming or escalating a confrontation.
By the end of this Conflict Management Training course participants will be better able to:
- Identify the key components present in all angry confrontations
- Recognise different stages of conflict escalation
- Recognise the signs of conflict and aggression
- Maintain composure when responding to conflict and aggression
- Use skills to manage their words, phrases and body language
- Demonstrate skills to stay calm and manage angry customer behaviour
During the training day participants will learn and practise key skills to build their confidence and to maintain composure whilst de-escalating customer conflict.
The Conflict Management Training course content is tailored to your organisation.
Key content includes
- Background to conflict
- Triggers to aggressive behaviour
- Understanding customers’ needs when they are angry
- Stages of conflict escalation
- How our safety can be compromised
- Recognising rising anger
- Reading signs and symptoms of aggression
- Managing conflict ‘flashpoints’
- Responding to conflict
- Understanding our natural response to conflict
- Understanding the impact of ‘red rag’ words and phrases
- Managing our body language during conflict
- Staying calm and managing our own responses
- Managing conflict
- Structuring and controlling the conversation
- Listening and calming the situation
- Acknowledging difficulties and customer emotions
- Managing unpredictability (drugs, alcohol, mental illness, etc.)
- Saying no effectively
- Handling abusive behaviour
- Solving the problem
We have sourced local, good value accommodation close to our training centre. Options depending on your budget and requirements:
Prices from £25 per night B&B
Single – Single, ensuite (with breakfast)
Twin – Shared Twin, ensuite (with breakfast)
If you decide you wish to use one of these, you will be able to select your preferred option on the booking page and we will do the rest.
There are no pre-requisites for attending this course.
It is recommended for personnel who may have to face angry, aggressive or demanding customers or service users.
We are a reputable and successful security company that has been operating in the south east of England for over 5 years. Operationally we provide security personal for various properties and businesses, we have numerous event and red-carpet security details as well as Close Protection teams within the UK.
We run courses from our SIA approved training centre ranging from Door Supervisor, Close Protection, Conflict Management and FPOS and many others click here for more details
Our staff will be available to deal with your initial enquiries, assist with your booking and will also be available for post course support.
Please enquire for details
TGS Training Courses
We are a leading provider for SIA security courses in the South of England. We train you at our fully equipped and approved SIA centre to deliver the best training for your desired job in the private security industry.